Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fictional Monologue: Crazy man

"I was at work. We have an elevator that goes up to the second floor. I asked a guy to hold it. He let the doors shut. I ran up the stairs and beat the elevator to the top. When the doors opened I blasted the guy with a punch to the face.

"I was idling in my car. The traffic was backed up through the intersection. Nowhere to go. Just bad traffic. The guy behind me honked his horn. I put my car in park and got out of the car. He saw me coming. He tried to lock his door but I got there first. I opened the door and pulled him out. We walked to the car in front of me, where a woman was sitting. She cracked the window as I we came up. 'This guy thinks you should move,' I said. 'He's going to explain to you how to do it.' I nudged him. 'Go on. And if you don't I'm going to throw you into the Charles.' The guy stuttered. 'Well,' he said, 'You have to just get into the wrong lane of traffic and drive past everyone else.' 'Good,' I said. 'Now there's a car coming in the other direction. They'd block her. We have to explain what they have to do.' We walked in front of the car coming in the other direction. We stood in front of the car. 'Yell your explanation,' I said. The guy wriggled a little. 'Come on man,' he said. 'Do it,' I said. He looked at the guy sitting in the drivers seat of the car in front of us. 'Get up onto the side walk and drive!' 'Good,' I said. 'Now we have to explain to the pedestrians what they have to do.' We walked up onto the sidewalk, and I threw the guy down the hill. Traffic was starting to move. I got in my car and drove off."

No comments:

Post a Comment